5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan from Griffonia simplicifolia seed)...50 mg Non-medicinal ingredients: Cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin.
Adults: Take 1 or 2 capsules three times daily with meals. To minimize the risk of gastrointestinal side effects, start dosing at 50 mg three times per day. Slowly increase to an effective dose over a period of two weeks. Use for a minimum of one week to see beneficial effects. For use beyond one year, consult a health care practitioner.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their healthcare practitioner before use. Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, products such as L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John's wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes. Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Do not use if you have scleroderma.
- May cause drowsiness, do not take this product while driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery. Some people may experience gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, nausea, vomitting and abdominal pain.
- L-5-Hydroxytryptophan : 50 mg
- Magnesium Stearate
- Cellulose, Microcrystalline