Babies are born with an intestinal tract that is completely sterile. Soon after birth, bacteria begin to colonize the entire gastrointestinal (GI) system and form the unique and complex blend of both “good” and “bad” bacteria that are so critical to our health. Unfortunately, the bacterial balance in babies and young children is easily upset, particularly because of how they explore their world. For example, a less-than-clean soother or dirty fingers in the mouth, illness, or a course of antibiotics can cause the probiotic or healthy bacteria in the intestine to be overwhelmed, which can quickly lead to an excess of harmful bacteria. Such an imbalance leads to stomach upset including diarrhea, and begins a cycle of poor digestion and reduced immune function. A probiotic supplement is proven safe even in vulnerable infants and is a simple and effective way to help prevent GI problems, repair damage, and restore gastrointestinal health in children of all ages.
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
Medicinal ingredients:Bifidobacterium breve (M-16V)...0.5 Billion cfu
Bifidobacterium infantis (M-63)...0.5 Billion cfu
*colony forming unit
Non-medicinal ingredients:tapioca starch, maltodextrin, magnesium stearate (vegetable).Capsule shell:hypromellose.
Contains no dairy, wheat, gluten or peanuts.
Dosage:Children (1 year and older): Take 1-2 capsules daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Open capsule and pour powder into bottled breast milk, formula or other fluid to be fed.
- Helps improve digestion and absorption of nutrients from food
- A factor in colon health and in a healthy immune system
- 100% bifidobacteria, the family of bacteria most prevalent in children
- Bifidobacteria protect against pathogens and promote intestinal, particularly colon health
- Helps produce essential vitamins and improve lactose intolerance and overall digestion
- Two strains of bifidobacteria that have been proven in human studies to work together to treat diarrhea
- Convenient, pre-measured vegetarian capsules can be opened and the powdered contents added to any food or beverage
- Specially chosen strains that are found naturally in humans
- Acid, bile, temperature, and enzyme-resistant, so no enteric coating is necessary
- Guaranteed potency at expiration date
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved