Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are healthy fats that play a critical role in overall wellness, including mood and brain function, cardiovascular health, and joint health. One of the two groups of therapeutic fatty acids is called omega 6. The active compound in omega 6 is called GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), and even though many vegetable oils used in our diet are a source of omega 6, they do not provide high amounts of GLA. Evening primrose oil is a rich source of GLA and not commonly part of the diet, so therapeutic doses are associated with supplements. The fatty acids in evening primrose oil help balance the hormone-like prostaglandins, which helps relieve symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), rheumatoid arthritis, and skin conditions without adverse effects.
Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
Medicinal ingredient:Evening Primrose Oil...1000 mg
(Oenothera biennis)standardized to contain 9% gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and 73% linoleic acid
Non-medicinal ingredients: Capsule shell:glycerin (vegetable), purified water, gelatin (beef).
Contains no dairy, wheat, gluten, peanuts or corn.
Adult dosage:Take 1 capsule 3 times daily or as
directed by a health care practitioner.
- High potency, cold-pressed, hexane free evening primrose seed oil
- Provides support against inflammation associated with arthritis
- Supports healing in skin conditions such as dermatitis and eczema
- Supports hormonal balance against symptoms of PMS including breast tenderness, headaches, cramping, and mood swings
- Prostaglandins are factors in immune function and reproduction
- High potency, standardized soft gelatin capsules
- Providing a minimum 9% (90 mg) GLA per capsule
- Natural vitamin E added to protect the oil from oxidation
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Tested for pesticides and herbicides
- NPN approved